Tuesday, November 17, 2009

17.11.09

Ah, the weekend! I am officially finished with the work week and am taking a short vacay to, drum roll please! . . . Omi's house in Germany! My train departs for Stuttgart in about an hour, so I have to get all my things together (including a backpack full of dirty laundry). Oooo, I cannot wait! And the first thing she asked when I told her I was coming?

"What would you like to eat??"

Yes, she knows me too well. So, for the next two and a half days, I will have the pleasure of indulging in homemade soups (an Omi trademark item), pretzels (the Germans seriously know how to make these like you've never tasted before), and pancakes with maple syrup (my very special request). Like I said, I cannot wait. Home at last, or something very close to it.

I will try to write while I'm away, but if I'm too busy chowing down on pancakes and watching German soap operas with Omi, I wish you all a very happy Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday!

Much love! Bussi bussi! (Kiss Kiss! As they say in German)
Mel

1 comment: