Thursday, November 11, 2010

November 11th

One year ago today...
I spent the most gorgeous afternoon in the history of afternoons walking though the vineyards in Lavaux.  It. Was. Magical.

One year ago today...
I would have never guessed that I would trade my tiny hotel room with a view for my very own home (aka itty bitty apartment) in Washington, DC.  With one of my best friends. 

One year ago today...
I promised myself to never let a single day go to waste.  Looking through the golden-hued photos, all I could think was, "How can life be so indescribably beautiful?"  

And today...
Amidst all the noise, sirens, stress, and worry that often seem to haunt me, I remembered that there is still so much magic to be discovered, especially when the sun comes out to make everything sparkle.

And today was a sparkling kind of day.  I have a good feeling that tomorrow will be too.

No comments:

Post a Comment