Monday, November 30, 2009

Lights out, camera on!

For a couple nights last week, the fog decided to invade Montreux right as the sun fell discreetly behind the mountains. And while I was out for a run one night after dark, I was kicking myself for not taking my camera with me--not that jogging with my camera hanging over my shoulder would be the smartest idea anyway. Well, lucky for me, the fog came back again, so along with my trusty Nikon companion, I went trekking in hopes of learning some new photo skills. Shooting at night: not the easiest task, though a slow shutter speed can have some really cool effects on the images taken.

So I went back to some spots that I mentally marked, set up my tripod, and took photo after photo while trying to keep my fingers from going numb. The good news is that I think I only freaked a couple people out with my camera and seemingly strange photo shoot spots. But along with my snowy white ski hat and pink fleece, I really couldn't have look that threatening.

Well then, here are some of my favorite shots from my evening walk. My next goal? Tackle a busy street so I can get streaks of light in both directions. Add some heavy fog and boom, you have the perfect setting for your next horror movie. Ooo! Or maybe I'll try a cemetery, you know, going for an Edgar Allan Poe effect. Ah, just so many options!





4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!!!!! These are beautiful. Take me here in 28 days OK? Deal! Love you, miss you, k, bye! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOD, mel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you and Brassai!!! amazing beauty


    www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brassaï

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel, these shots turned out wonderfully! Your such an artist! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow... those are amazing. You truly have a talent, can you show me how to do that???

    ReplyDelete