Sunday, November 8, 2009

Les goublets rouges

Hope. Wish. Love. Bright. Joy. Peace.

These are the words written on my red holiday Starbucks cup. Ah, I'm such a sucker for advertising especially when it comes to all-things Christmas. And the red holiday Starbucks cup does it for me every year. Especially here with the cold, biting weather, snow covered mountains and Christmas lights and decorations that are being added to the streets every day. No, the lights aren't lit yet, but I can only imagine what the twinkling streets and alleys will do for my already cozy Christmas spirit. Oh, and I forgot to mention... The city of Montreux has begun the construction for the annual Marché de Noel which begins on November 26th. And I'm not kidding when I say construction. There is wooden house built for four already standing on the lakeshore walk and the log home next door should be complete in a few more days. And that's not counting the small village of chalets gathered under the large pavilion in the centre of town. These people take Christmas seriously and I like it.

So in light of the approaching holiday season I wish you all hope, happy wishes, warm and fuzzy love, brightness, joy and peace.

Besitos, bisous, bussi bussi,
Mel

1 comment:

  1. I immediately thought of you when we switched the cups. I had a soy peppermint mocha and a petite vanilla scone in your honor.

    I miss you so much. And love you just as much if not more. <3

    ReplyDelete