Monday, September 28, 2009

An author's note

This past week was a long one, as you can probably tell by the fewer number of posts. (Trust me, I have not in any way run out of things to tell you about... the line of stories in my head is borderline overwhelming.) Not only was it a long week of work, but I've finally reached that point where all the excitement and newness has worn off and exhaustion has come to take their place. I know that my French is getting better everyday, but my brain is on overload and forming a sentence that is more than five words long is like climbing a really slippery rock cliff. Whether you make it the the top or not is a total gamble.

The good news is that my day off today was exactly what I needed. Some much needed catch-up time with some of my favorite people, a lovely Pilates class, an even better nap, a free train ride up to Rochers-de-Naye (more photos to come), and plenty of fresh, sparkling sunshine like serious meds for my tired soul.

I will do my best to up the posting this week, especially since I just downloaded a bunch of photos that I can hardly wait to share. For now, I leave you with a picture of the view from my window on the fifth floor (still no news on the roommate sitch, so I'm still claiming this room as mine, all mine). I discovered that the ledge hanging out from my window is the perfect place to eat dinner and watch the sunset on the lake. As long as no one sees me sitting on the edge of the fifth floor window, I'm golden! A secret spot is just what I needed.

Happy week everyone! And one quick shout out... Happy Birthday Nick!

(Note: I had to hang out of the window to get this shot. Isn't the scaffolding a nice touch? It's even better when random strangers known as construction workers walk by your window at 8am while your standing in just a towel.)

1 comment: