Tuesday, April 5, 2016

And the music plays on

The clouds move with power and purpose, morphing into one another as they hurry along in some unknown direction beyond what I can see. The whole sky turns over and around and under and a vigorous, brisk wind enters like a passionate burst of notes on a piano. The tall trees dance along gracefully for a few moments, until the music stops and everything falls silent.

I am one tiny, seemingly insignificant spec in this world. But I am still a spec. I feel the cold wind on my cheeks, running its fingers through my hair and the sun shines down on my face through the temporary windows shifting between the clouds. Perhaps I am a part of this picture, of the hugeness and enormity of nature. And just as the clouds and wind and blades of grass move in their directions, I move in mine. Sometimes with purpose, sometimes with ease, and sometimes with faith knowing that this life, all of it together, creates a spectacular wholeness that I am only beginning to discover.

No comments:

Post a Comment