Tuesday, March 22, 2016

The full spectrum

Cold raindrops land on my warm cheeks and the sunshine still holds strong. My breath speeds up, my feet press against the earth with purpose and every cell in my body is alive with energy, endorphins and possibility. The sky can't quite make up its mind this evening but I don't care.

Then I catch a glimmer of something in the corner of my eye. And the mother of all rainbows blazes its colors in a glorious arc across the sky. Wow. Even my breath catches in my throat. What a beautiful, gracious gift. And a reminder that everything is transient. But sometimes the earth blows you away with its outrageous beauty. It's our job to pause, notice and embrace what is all around us. Then to keep on going. One small but mighty step at a time.

And just because a rainbow always reminds me of this quote, so artfully said by Emerson + Winnie the Pooh.

"This is my wish for you: Comfort on difficult days, smiles when sadness intrudes, rainbows to follow the clouds, laughter to kiss your lips, sunsets to warm your heart, hugs when spirits sag, beauty for your eyes to see, friendships to brighten your being, faith so that you can believe, confidence for when you doubt, courage to know yourself, patience to accept the truth, Love to complete your life."

No comments:

Post a Comment