Friday, July 30, 2010

Post-it

I'll be honest.  I have an addiction to post-its.  Whether it was keeping them in every room (and in my purse) during college to keep tabs of funny moments and ridiculous quotes or decorating my walls and planner with colorful to-do lists that I get more joy out of creating than actually using, post-its have become a staple of my daily semi-organized life as well as my personal favorite office accessory—or necessity in my book. 

Flipping through my planner this morning, I came across several neon green post-its with random notes and quotes that I collected in Switzerland and didn't have the heart to part with at the time.  Removing them from my planner, I add them to the growing quilt of colorful squares I already have started on the wall of my cubicle.  Healthy reminders that keep me smiling all day long.  Here are a few of my favorites that I hope you'll enjoy as well:

"Because even when you're not sure where you're headed, it helps to know that you're not going there alone.  No one has all the answers, and sometimes the best we can do is just apologize and let the past be the past.  Other times we need to look to the future and know that even when we think we've seen it all, life can still surprise us...And we can still surprise ourselves."

"May your mind learn to love with compassion."

"Do what you love."

"Keep up."

I have no idea where I'll be two months from now, but I do know that these sticky collectables will be right there with me, perhaps a little faded or crinkled or worn.  Ah, transportability... one of my favorite qualities, especially considering my tendancy to avoid committments that keep me in any certain place for too long.  Or is it a relentless committment to change and evolve?  Eh, I'll save that for another time. 

Happy Friday!
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment