Tuesday, November 3, 2009

03.11.09

The clouds came by yesterday and left behind a little surprise on the French Alps... Snow! And a lot of it! It was one of those misty mornings when the mountains across the lake disappear completely and the water takes on a rough, charcoal, and ominously ocean-like appearance. And when I got off work in the afternoon, the clouds had gathered around the mountains as if having some very important meeting way up there, perhaps discussing and planning out their winter schedule for the next several months. And only once I decided to go for a walk later that night did I notice that the curtain of clouds had retreated completely, leaving the mountains standing tall and dignified with snowy peaks and valleys so bright that you could see them shining through the darkness and reflecting on the lake's relaxed and calm surface.

Switzerland, I think I may be falling in love with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment