Saturday, August 29, 2009

Lausanne in photos


Found a park. People watched, sat, read, and napped. Note: the swiss know the art of benches. I swear, every time I find myself wishing there was a comfortable place to sit, voila! A wooden bench appears. I also find this to be true with boulangeries (bakeries), but that's another story, and being that they are on nearly every street corner, they are far more dangerous in an oh-so-delicious-I-want-more kind of way.

Walked through a different part of the city that I hadn't yet seen.

Went into Chailly Cathedral, the first of many churches that I'm sure I'll wander into.

Hungry, tired, and thirsty, I parked myself at this 'Salon de The' (red awning, in the corner), and indulged in coffee and a chocolate eclair (Chels, it wasn't the same without you!).

(No photo provided, seeing as taking the picture would have made me slightly, okay really, stalkerish.)
Sat the train next to a guy that seriously needed to wear more (or some) deodorant. I love Europe and all, but this is one thing that I do not understand. Seriously, smelling bad is not attractive. And no, it wasn't that 'natural' smell that some of us find lovable (Car, you know what I mean ;).

* * *

It was a lovely day and it felt good to be in a bigger city that is not merely filled with tourists like Montreux. But, I'll admit, it felt great to come home to my room, my fluffy white bed, and the sound of a rumbling train to rock me to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. i revel in how partial i am to this city. your fresh, new perspective just makes me dig my heals in deeper.

    ReplyDelete