Monday, August 31, 2009

29.08.09

Work was actually fun today. Like really fun. It was super busy and I don't think that any of us stopped moving or running around for four hours straight. The time flew by and before I knew it, only one table was left. I feel like I'm getting the hang of this job, and best of all, I've adopted a friendly banter with my co-workers which makes everything much more entertaining. Finally, I've relaxed a bit more into myself and can socialize as I would with casual friends (though the language barrier still gets in the way sometimes).

After we finished clearing tables and prepping for the next day, we all collapsed into the chairs, a luminous moon rising high up into the sky over the mountains and lake below. The name of the hotel 'Swiss Majestic' suddenly seemed so perfectly appropriate for the evening. The guys took beer while I sucked down a gin 'n tonic in a few minutes flat, despite all my efforts to resist my American habits of finishing what's in front of me too quickly. Steve thought this was hilarious. I proceeded to listen to the five guys talk, all their words blending together and me only catching every one out of ten. Hey, at least I didn't have the look of terror on my face of the first day, and one out of ten? That's better than nothing!



No comments:

Post a Comment